A laptop with an external GPU is perfect for gamers who want to take their gaming experience on the go. An external GPU is a great way to boost your laptop’s graphics performance, especially if your laptop’s graphics card is not up to par.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
Take a look at the following comparison chart of our top 10 best laptop for external gpu that will win your heart.
Top 10 Best Laptop For External Gpu You Should Go For In 2022
- Desktop Grade Performance: Boosts Thunderbolt 3 laptop performance with support for up to 3 slot wide PCIe full sized desktop graphics cards (graphics card NOT included)
- Built-In Power Supply: Includes a 650W ATX PSU with 100W laptop charging via Thunderbolt 3
- Compatibility (Windows): Requires Thunderbolt 3 external graphics (eGPU) support with RS45 or later and compatible NVIDIA or AMD graphics cards
- Compatibility (macOS): Requires Thunderbolt 3 and High Sierra 10.13.4 or later and compatible AMD graphics cards only (NVIDIA cards not supported)
- EXP GDC is the laptop's external equipment; It can help them to use the independent external high-performance graphics, can be used to use any of the pci-e interface equipment, to improve the performance of the laptop, so that they can play the huge game requirement high high-performance graphics.
- The EXP GDC notebook external independent video card base has an Express card data cable and a 6-pin/8-pin power cable.
- The enhanced MINI PCI-E data cable , uses a 26pin interface and supports Type 54 and Type 34 Express card interfaces.
- With 6pin interface for connecting graphics card power supply; 8pin interface for connecting EXP GDC power supply.
- Industrial applications such as engineering measurement, data acquisition, server debugging, GPU computing, etc., of course, can still be used to access most graphics cards to play games.
- 【Support Interface】Support dual TD compatible switch (hardware conflict resolution), multistage anti-interference circuit and data line reinforcement;Compatible with graphics card, sound card, array card, video card, collect card, etc.
- 【Data line Interface】For Mini PCI-E, Expresscard, NGFF(M.2)A/E Key or M Key, PCI-E X4 Converter Cable; Supports RTX.T(make sure you have correct connections)
- 【Support 6Pin+8Pin Interface Output】8Pin power output interface can connect 220W power supply and ATX cable with ATX desktop power.High quality electronic components,Reinforcement design for data transfer line,Isolation protection circuit function.
- 【USB Interface】This interface only provides 500mA voltage output and does not have any other functions(The interface of M.2 M Key and PCI-E X4 is data cable interface, and the type of the interface is HDMI.)
- 【Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock】Use for engineering measurement, data collection, server debugging, GPU computing and other industrial applications, most of the graphics card to play the game.
- EXP GDC is a notebook external graphics adapter equipment, including power and other necessary accessories.
- Item Name: PCI-E Independent Video Card.
- Product Positioning: Notebook Performance Upgrade.
- Operating System: for Windows XP/7/8/8.1, for Linux, etc.
- Size: 13.5cm x 3.5cm x 2.5cm/5.31" x 1.38" x 0.98" (Approx.)
- EXP GDC Laptop external independent video card dock w/ expresscard data line and 6 Pin/8 Pin power supply cable.
- Dual TD compatible switch (resolution of hardware conflict).Multi power automatic switching (support for soft start).
- High quality imported electronic component, multistage anti interference and Isolation protection circuit.
- Enhanced MINI PCI-E data line with 26pin interface, supports 54 type and 34 type expresscard interface.With 6pin interface for connecting video card power supply; 8pin interface for connecting EXP GDC power supply.
- Use for engineering measurement, data collection, server debugging, GPU computing and other industrial applications, of course, still be used to access most of the graphics card to play the game.
- Compatible with Windows 10 2016~Now Thunderbolt Laptop. macOS Catalina 10.15.3 MacBook Pro 2016~2020,13~16” ; Mac mini 2018～, Dual Thunderbolt 3 buses with 40Gbps speed ,One bus for Graphic card, the other for Extra I.O NO MORE lags & interference ( Intel Thunderbolt 3 Certified ) (Thunderbolt 3 laptop/ iMac/ Intel NUC. ONLY ! )
- Internal 750W ( 80+ Gold ) Fan Start-stop design, Spin only when Temp reached to 55 degree. Power Delivery to Host Max 100W ( MBP 16" ) , 550W to Graphic card, 3 sets of 12V ( 8 + 2 ) for O.C card OR NVIDIA RTX 3080/3090/3090 Titan. Extra I.O: SD 4.0 * 1, USB 3.0 *5 ( 7.5W power delivery/E.A ) SATA III * 1 for 2.5” SSD/HDD , RJ45 Gigabit Lan * 1
- Full aluminum body with anodizing treatment, tray opening style, supported Full length/hight/width Monster graphic card. 2.75PCIE slot. ( Max : 12.99 * 6.29 * 2.36 Inch ) compatible with Liquid Cooling Monster card; system fan can be swapped by the radiator
- Longer Thunderbolt 3 0.7M 40GB cable bundled & Low noise large system Fan ( 120*35mm) + PSU large fan “ Start-Stop “ design , 3 thermal detectors, Fan speed Start-Stop with PWM control , A quiet beast on your desk!
- Compatible Graphic cards : Windows 10 System: ALL of AMD Radeon, Radeon Pro / Nvidia Gefore , Quadro ( including RTX 3080/3090 * 2 PCI slots ). macOS Catalina 10.15.3 ~, Qualified ONLY AMD 470,480,570,580,590,Vega 56,64, Navi 5500,5600,5700XT, WX4100,5100,7100,9100 series . ( DO NOT USE any Nvidia card in MacOS !! There is no driver there )
- Support dual TD compatible switch (hardware conflict resolution), multistage anti-interference circuit and data line reinforcement. Compatible with graphics card, sound card, array card, video card, collect card, etc.
- 8p power output interface can connect 220W power supply and ATX cable with ATX desktop power. Reinforcement design for data transfer line. High quality electronic components. Isolation protection circuit. Use for engineering measurement, data collection, server debugging, GPU computing and other industrial applications, most of the graphics card to play the game.
- Unsupported models:Not fit for Asus N55SF/N75SL/ASUS/A53XI24/1SV-SL/K43SD/A73S /K53SD/X8dij/A43s/N55SL/K45dr, Not fit for Lenovo E530/L430/E43/U410/E49/K49/G50-75M(New Add),Not fit for HP H533OM/6910/5310M,Not fit for Hasee ui45/EVI4,Not fit for Haier T68,Not fit for Acer 4739z/E1-451G,Not fit for Samsung 450R/270e5k/np450r5j-x05cn,Not fit for Dell 5437/N55SL
- Instructions: Disable the built-in independent graphic card in the BIOS and turn off the network. Update BIOS of the notebook to the latest version. (You can see the update method in the official website of your laptop.) Enter in Computer-Device Management-System. Disable PCI related port until the built-in independent graphics card is gone.
- Instructions 2: Restart the notebook after the hardware installation is complete. The external graphics card power supply is controlled by the laptop, the external graphics card start when the laptop is activated, the external graphics card can close when the laptop is closed. The 6Pin interface of the graphics card must be connected correctly, otherwise the power supply is insufficient.
- Boosts Graphics Performance - Connects a high-performance GPU card to your computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports. Mac & Windows Compatible. **M1 Macs are NOT compatible with GPUs.
- Cuts Application Task Times - Enables GPU acceleration to significantly improve editing, rendering, color grading, animation, and special effects performance.
- 750W Power Supply - Support the power requirements of the latest compatible GPU cards; future-proof design handles higher power requirements of cards to come.
- Supports Many of the Latest GPU Cards - Includes AMD Radeon VII, RX, RX Vega, Pro W and Pro WX models; and NVIDIA GeForce RTX series, TITAN, and Quadro models.
- 750ex Model: Additional Connectivity Adds four 5Gb/s USB Type A ports to connect peripherals, plus an RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet port for a wired network connectivity.
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high-performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com.
- Lenovo ThinkPad T420 Laptop PC
- Intel Core I5 2520M up to 3.2GHz
- 8G DDR3, 320G HDD, DVD
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Support English/French/Spanish
- Improve computer performance: The notebook computer external independent graphics card base supports dual TD compatible switching (hardware conflict resolution), multi-level anti-interference circuit and data cable reinforcement, which can help the computer use an independent external high-performance graphics card.
- Output Interface: The 8p power output interface of the external independent graphics card base of the laptop can be connected to a 220W power supply and an ATX line and an ATX desktop power supply to improve the performance of the laptop.
- Protect the circuit: The stand-alone graphics card base of the notebook computer adopts the reinforced design of the data transmission line, and the high-quality electronic components can isolate and protect the circuit.
- Play exciting games: The external device of the notebook computer can play games that require high-performance graphics cards. Compatible with graphics cards, sound cards, array cards, graphics cards, capture cards, etc.
- Application: The external discrete graphics card base is used for industrial applications such as engineering measurement, data acquisition, server debugging, GPU computing, etc. Most graphics cards play games.
What To Look For Before Buying Best Laptop For External Gpu
Not every laptop for external gpu comes with the same specifications & price. So, you should choose the one that will serve your purpose and save your wallet.
A laptop with an external graphics card is a must-have for anyone looking to use a computer for its video editing or gaming No matter what your needs are, an external graphics card is required for optimal performance. It’s important to know the different types of graphics cards available and what features each one provides, so you can make the best decision for your needs. If you’re looking for a laptop with an external graphics card, there are few things that are essential like An online resources guide to choosing the right graphics card for your computer. Here, you’ll find a list of factors to consider when choosing an external graphics card for your computer. 1. Graphics: Our experience after choosing a graphics card has shown that both AMD and Nvidia have different Believe or Dare to promise different features. Sometimes, it’s good to be able to recommend a product being that it offers the same features at a lower cost. After all, you don’t want to be dollars- Spendy featuresueller dearsenor than actually a value-added product. Fortunately, most people need only one graphics card and most laptops now come with one pre-loaded. We would never recommend spending your money on a product that wouldn’t be a
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Which Laptops Can Use External Gpu?
External GPUs are used to have on a laptop to provide extra graphics capabilities.gorithms like Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 and matrix operation can be enjoyed with these laptops.
Do Laptops Support External Gpu?
Yes, laptops support external GPU.
Most laptops available have a graphics card. This provides added power for external computers with powerful graphics cards. The best laptop for external gpu depends on factors such as this, price, size, and type of graphics card being used.