A wheelchair is a necessary piece of equipment for many people who suffer from broken legs. There are different types of wheelchairs available, and the best one for you will depend on the severity of your injury and on your own personal preferences.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best wheelchair for broken leg and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Wheelchair For Broken Leg People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Are you looking for a loving Idea for people with crutches and plaster cast foot who undergo leg surgery? Perfect Limping design for every injured foot patient to say Get Well Soon!
- Great Get Well Soon design for every occasion. With this Broken Leg Recovery motive you will surprise every friend with a leg, ankle, knee, shinbone, toes, fracture or other leg surgery.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- Cutting-edge wheelchair design makes independent mobility enjoyable
- Detachable desk arms and premium elevated leg rests provide customizable support
- 18" padded nylon wheelchair seat ensures lasting comfort and is easy to clean.Do not use an abrasive cleanser that will scratch the finish
- Durable tires feature push-to-lock functionality for safety. Comes with calf strap
- Overall dimensions: 42"(L) x 24"(W) x 36"(H); Closed width: 12.5"; Seat dimensions: 16"(D) x 18"(W) x 19.5"(H); Armrest height: 8"; Weight capacity: 250 pounds. Comes with push-to-lock wheel locks
- Removable desk-length arms make it easy to sit comfortably at a table | Elevating leg rests relieve pressure and enhance comfort
- Long-lasting, attractive hammertone finish | Nylon upholstery is soft and breathable; No Bariatric
- Premium welds for extended use
- Flat-free tires and mag wheels deliver a smooth ride | 2” seat-height adjustments (hemi-height) enable foot-powered movement
- 35" Long LEG LIFTER STRAPS HELPS YOU EASILY maneuver your legs to get out of chairs, wheelchairs, beds, or cars. These highly rated, top quality leg lifters are effective at increasing your mobility.
- LARGE LEG LIFTER LOOPS at each end make it simple to pull and lift your leg or cast into position.
- DAILY LIVING AIDS IN THE RECOVERY from injuries or surgery. Excellent for those with limited mobility, knee, or hip replacement surgery. The RMS Leg Lifter Straps are also great for physical therapists and occupational therapist.
- RIGID STRAP: The 1” strap fabric is made of a high quality woven fabric that is light in weight but strong and will last for a long time. The metal Rod sewn inside the fabric strap is made of a Zinc Alloy designed to be strong yet bendable and durable through repeated use.
- EASY TO USE & TRAVEL FRIENDLY: Easy to use, no assembly required, and it’s easy to store when traveling. Simply bend in half and store.
- Lightweight Folding Wheelchair: Full-featured wheelchair for adults folds to just 12 inches wide and weighs 38 pounds to offer the convenience of a portable wheelchair with a 350 pound weight capacity; this model features a 20-inch seat, detachable full arms, and elevating leg rests
- Easy to Maneuver: Easy to push with Mag-style wheels, this lightweight wheelchair offers a smooth ride and fits through most doorways
- Highly Adjustable: Wheelchair’s seat extends two extra inches; 8-inch casters can be adjusted to three heights; dual axle provides easy transition of seat height to hemi-level; elevated leg rests move aside, and detachable full arms arms easily lift for easy transfer to bed, toilet, or car
- Durable Design: Made of a carbon steel frame with a silver vein finish, this rolling wheelchair supports up to 350 pounds and is great for regular use; easy-to-clean padded nylon seat is designed to provide lasting comfort
- Dimensions: 42 inches in length x 28 inches in width x 35 inches in height; width: 12 inches (closed); seat: 20 inches in width; armrest: 8 inches in height; weight capacity: 350 lbs
- Easy Help Recovery - Ideal for individuals recovering from injury or surgery to the foot, ankle or lower leg as well as below the knee amputees.
- Easily Moved to Anywhere - With our knee cart, your recovery won't slow you down or stop you from enjoying your day. You don't have to worry about not being able to get around, perfect for navigating your home, work, supermarket, park. Please note: don't slide at high speed for your safety. Recommended speed: 1m/s.
- Comfortable - Using crutches requires extensive upper body strength, rubs under your armpits and is unstable. This knee walker is made for both indoor and outdoor use, it is a hands free / pain free crutch alternative and offers the most versatility among knee walkers.
- Lightweight & Durable:This lightweight yet sturdy knee walker offers a robust weight capacity, making sure you feel comfortable, stable and safe - no matter where you are.
- Adjustable and Compact: Steerable knee walker features handlebars with a quick release folding mechanism for easy transport and storage. This scooter feature four 8" PVC wheels, dual adjustable locking handbrakes and dual rear on-wheel brakes.
- Flip-back, desk-length arms make it easy to navigate under tables | elevating leg rests enhance comfort and remove easily
- Breathable nylon upholstery is soft and comfortable
- Premium welds ensure reliability and durability
- Smooth-rolling Mag wheels with low-maintenance flat-free tires; foot-powered movement with 2” seat-height adjustments (hemi-height)
- 300-Lb. Weight capacity | 33-lb. Product weight, without leg rests. Latex free; Not MRI safe
- SIZE: 19.7"L*3.9"W, enough length for adjustment, suitable for most patients and wheelchairs. This package include 1 pair of leg straps.
- STRONG VELCRO: The wheelchair restraint straps made of top grade durable nylon and strong magic tape, reusable.
- MEDICAL LEG RESTRAINT: The wheelchair posey restraint harness is perfect for person who require a foot safety fixed belt while in wheelchair, such as the one who is late stage dementia, muscle weakness, parkinsons, postoperative, mania, etc.
- SAFETY: These leg restraints belt can keep the legs in wheelchair footrest, prevent injury.
- GUARANTEED SATISFACTION: If you are not 100% happy with HNYG wheelchair leg straps, Feel Free to contact us for Refund or Replacement. No Questions Asked!
- THE PROVEN USA BRAND: KneeRover has been creating innovative, high performance mobility solutions for over 10 years, including the original All Terrain and Pediatric knee scooters. We are a family-oriented business based in Evans, Georgia USA - dedicated to delivering the highest quality knee scooters and providing exceptional customer service (available via phone and email). All our products come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and the best warranty in the industry.
- EXCELLENT CRUTCH ALTERNATIVE: More comfortable and stable than crutches, this affordable knee walker is made for both indoor and outdoor use, and is designed for supporting either the right or left leg.
- EXCELLENT STABILITY & CONTROL: Easy to maneuver steerable knee scooter walkers feature four smooth 7.5" rubber wheels, dual rear on-wheel brakes, and an adjustable locking handbrake for excellent control while navigating. We recommend a safe walking speed of less than 3 mph.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND FULLY ADJUSTABLE: The Economy Steerable Knee Scooter weighs only 21 pounds and offers a robust 300 lb. weight capacity. This steerable kneewalker also features adjustable handlebars and kneepad and is recommended for individuals with heights 4' 9" to 6' 4". Perfect for kids and adults. Handlebars are equipped with a quick release folding mechanism for easy transport and storage.
- GREAT VALUE: The proven Knee Rover Economy steerable knee scooter is the best knee walker value in the industry from the brand you can trust. This affordable alternative to crutches is ideal for individuals recovering from a broken foot, broken ankle, broken leg, foot surgery, or ankle surgery.
- Medline lightweight transport chair features swing-away footrests and locking brakes to make transfers easy, large 12 inch wheels, and special armrests that allow you to sit close to most desks or tables
- Folding transport wheelchairs fold flat for easy transport and storage, making it portable and convenient for the caregiver | Tool-free assembly
- Large 19” W x 16” D seat is comfortable
- Supports up to 300 lbs. | Lightweight wheelchair weighs only 23 lbs.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Wheelchair For Broken Leg
Before choosing a wheelchair for broken leg, you should take the following considerations into account.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best wheelchair for broken leg will vary depending on the specific situation and individual’s needs. However, some general tips that may help include thinking about the size of the chair, the price ($0.01-$0.ugg), and the type of wheelchair (axle or handle).
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Get A Wheelchair For A Broken Leg?
Yes, you can get a wheelchair for a broken leg.
Is Wheelchair Better Than Crutches?
The best way to describe how a wheelchair looks and feels is to say that it is ” Mammographic ” – meaning that the chair makes physical contact with the body’s skin. Crutches have no such connection, meaning that they do not need to contact the body’s skin. crutches can be seen as ” Avid “, meaning that they are a frequently used form of support while sitting or lying down.
How Do You Move With A Broken Leg?
There are many ways to move with a broken leg, and it is important to find someone who can help you move. You can also call a fracture doctor or medicine man to help you move your leg.
Can I Use A Knee Scooter With A Broken Fibula?
Yes, you can use a knee scooter with a broken fibula.
A wheelchair is the perfect solution for someone with a broken leg. It can be easily adapted to the way you walk, and can help you move through some difficult aspects of life.